Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Coming Soon...

My blogging is so sad lately. I promise that I will get back in the game soon though. Here are some ideas that I have for upcoming blogs, and just some random news:
  • I got a new phone. It's orange.
  • My recent hair cut "experience"
  • MSU Women's Basketball Season just got started this last week.
  • My dad is coming to Montana for Christmas!
  • Yankees news update (Manager Drama, A-Rod, all that)
  • My new initiative to get Gal blogging.
  • Fish update. Robinson might be on his last legs.
  • What is Zeb doing now that baseball season is over?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, not to be a downer, but have any of you read about the WGA strike going on? I've been reading the forums and it looks like we only have two episodes of The Office left before they're out. That means no more made until the strike ends, which could be months away and result in no new epis until next season. I am seriously worried!

Anonymous said...

I'm worried too, Gal. Laci just sent me this link...not good!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=282973>1=7703

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know all about that. There are a bunch on links I've found through Office fansites to various strike news. Sounds like Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson called in sick and picketed with the writers from day one and that John and Jenna joined them soon after. Since no work was getting done and Greg Daniels refused to run the show, he halted production completely. Nice show of solidarity from them all, but I'm worried that the strike will go on too long and we'll be stuck with crap reality shows until the '08-'09 season. That's just too long for no new Office! The studios need to call uncle and pony up!

Heather said...

My take is that it can not possibly go on too long, think of all the backlash from the various shows. The networks will lose a lot of money. The writers are too important. They need to fix this shit soon. I can not go without new episodes.

Damon said...

as long as heroes is still on i will be fine

Anonymous said...

As far as I understand it, most of the networks have planned ahead and have reality counter-programming in the works. Most of the articles I've read liken this strike to the WGA strike in 1988 which lasted 5 months. I'm not sure if the present situation is as dire, but I've read quotes from the likes of Tina Fey and such, who are not anticipating a swift resolution. But, I really don't know for sure. I think the studios are gonna put up a tough fight. Hopefully they'll pull their heads out of their asses and realize that the revenues to be lost from all of this programming just isn't worth it.

P.S. Damon, as far as I know, Heroes is in better shape than The Office, episode-wise, and they've planned a resolution for their current story arc that could serve as a season finale if need be, but if the strike goes on any longer than December, I don't think they'll have new scripts to shoot either.

Anonymous said...

As long as I can see "Days of Our Lives" I will be fine.LOL!

Anonymous said...

Any word on how the strike will effect Friday Night Lights? There is no way I could live without The Office and FNL!

Anonymous said...

Hey Em, I haven't read anything that specifically relates to Friday Night Lights. Their showrunner and writers are on strike with everyone else, so every nighttime scripted show on TV will be effected eventually. The only variable is how many completed scripts each show has in the bag. Most shows still have at least 2-3 episodes already filmed and 1-2 scripts left to shoot. The deal with the Office is that Steve Carell and other actors refused to come to work and film their remaining scripts, leaving us with only two episodes left. Other shows will have more, but if the strike continues, all of the nighttime shows will dry up by January or so...

Sorry if I'm coming off like a know-it-all. Don't mean to shove everyone's noses in the bad news! I just found a lot of links to articles about this in the TWOP Office forums.

Heather said...

Gal, obviously you are our go to source regarding anything slightly related to television or movies. No worries about sounding like a "know it all". I think we actually expect you to know everything about these topics.

Anonymous said...

Gal, Heather is right, we expect you to know this stuff! Really though, how shittay of a winter will it be without good TV? At least Little People Big World will continue...

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks girls. I keep getting paranoid that I'm jumping on my soapbox too often. Thanks for easing my mind!