Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The State of the Yankees

Okay, a lot has gone on in Yankeeland since the season ended, so I figured it was time for a quick recap with my commentary.
  • A-Rod out. maybe? This is the best news to me EVER. I rejoiced. I did the fist pump. No, better yet, I did the mini lunge-triple fist pump-80's guitar leg kick. Take that. Management said, goodbye A-Rod and vowed to not negotiate with him, and the spawn of satan Scott Boras. And now they tell me he might be back in? NO. It's almost enough to make me shun the yankees. It's almost too much for me to handle. I'm getting an ulcer just thinking about it. I mean....i did the mini lunge-triple fist pump-80's guitar leg kick. You can't take that shit back.

  • Joe Torre out. It was inevitable, so I'm not that stressed. It's weird to see him with the Dodgers, but I hope he does well for himself and I wouldn't mind seeing the Yankees/Torre grudge match in the '08 World Series. Would make for some good media right?

  • Joe Girardi in. Yes. This guy was my top pick. He is a GREAT yankees, and he was with all the important teams that won back in the day. Back in the Tino Martinez, Chuck Knoblauch, Wade Boggs, Paul O'Neill, David Cone perfect game day. I see great things in the future.

  • Posada and Rivera get offers they might accept & Pettite says its the Yankees or Retirement? Great, this is all going in the direction that I like. I've said before that I think Posada is the biggest priority of this off season. Keep him, and somehow manage to hang on to our young pitching prospects and we're golden. GOOOOOLLLDEN.

So in closing, I leave you with this image. And I hope it's enough to ward off his evil presence with the Yankees.
P.S. Go to http://www.arod.com/ and try not to vomit. I dare you.

No comments: