Once again, I appologize for my lateness in last week's recap post. I was on the road, without my laptop, but I luckily did get a chance to catch the episode on Thursday night. Jim was such a douchebag in that episode. I get the point that he was "turning into Michael" but Michael is so much funnier, even when hes a jerk. Jim just came across as a jerk. Lame. I get that the writers are trying to build up all this new character stuff, but come on, if this writers strike doesn't end soon, we'll be stuck with all the build up, and no payoff. Michael as survivor man was hilarious, I'm pretty sure I've never seen them make their pants into shorts, and then back into pants again on any of those shows. great stuff. Also, Dwight still just seems off to me. Not the normal Dwight especially from seasons 1 and 2. Anyone else with me?So I know we've been doing a lot of talking on the comments section on another post about this, but I thought it would be good to get a new place going for this discussion. Here are some links I found related to the writers strike that could soon be wreaking havoc on our lives. My top 3 television priorities are in rank order 1) The Office 2)Friday Night Lights & 3) How I Met Your Mother. In contrast to previous years, this does not include any reality TV. I can't go back to the old way. I must have new episodes of my shows. Here are a few links that you might find interesting regarding the strike (a.k.a. The Great Office Tragedy of 2007) I might try to get Gal to guest blog in the future to provide more commentary as necessary. Meanwhile, we'll just rely on her providing lengthy descriptions in the comments section.
How The Writer's Strike is Effecting The Office
United Hollywood Blog
Allegedly (if you read that first link) this is the last new episode that is ready to air, until the writers come back. Savor it. It could end up being the season finale..?!?!? Apparently I may not be typing this again anytime soon....but...here goes......Next week on The Office:
THE DEPOSITION 9/8c TV14 11.15.2007
SUE CRAZY IN THE OFFICE--Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) finds himself between a rock and a hard place when Jan (Melora Hardin) sues Dunder Mifflin and Michael is deposed as a witness. Meanwhile, Kelly (Mindy Kaling) trash-talks Pam (Jenna Fischer) after Darryl (Craig Robinson) beats Jim (John Krasinski) at ping-pong. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Ed Helms, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein, and Creed Bratton also star. -->
4 comments:
Heather,
I know you hate myspace, but a long time ago I added jenna fisher as a friend because she blogs quite a bit about the goings on with the Office. yes, it's really her page and she has written several very interesting blogs about the strike. Here's a link to her most recent blog about the strike.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=27753303&blogID=326790564
I do not know if you have to be a myspace member to access that link. If so, let me know and I will copy and paste her blog and email it to you and you can share it here.
I highly suggest setting up a myspace account if for nothing else to read her page. She has tons of Office stories and interesting tidbuts...
A-Ross,
that is a great link....but it not enough to pursuade me to myspace. I have however hacked zebs account to get on. but don't tell anyone.
Good find!
Well, it seems so long ago now, but that was definitely not my favorite episode of the Office. I agree that Jim was not very likable, although I think we can attribute some of his Grinchy ways as reactionary to the humiliation he felt after going along with Michael and Dwight's prank last week. He's trying to grow up - he just sucks at it. Really, I can't believe he thought it was a good idea and I wanna know how cool, Office-Olympics Organizer Jim became the Jim who hates birthdays? However, in his defense, once he knew everyone hated the idea, he dropped it immediately. Michael was pretty funny in the woods and I loved Dwight's weapons being hid all around the office. I agree about Dwight, he's a little off, but I can't tell if he's just been written that way or if it's a side-effect from having witnessed all his grief. Time will tell. Or given the strike, it won't.
Speaking of the strike, here's a link to Entertainment Weekly.com. It has updates of all the latest strike happenings, concerning all shows. Last week's issue of EW had a really great article about the strike and I'm sure it's online somewhere, but I can't find that specific article. Here's the link to the strike updates:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/strike/index.html
The article mentions how many episodes some shows have left after Nov. 9th - The Office only has one, as we all know, it looks like Heroes has 4 left, but no mention of FNL or HIMYM, Em and Heather, sorry. They do mention Brothers and Sisters (6), Chuck (6), Gossip Girl (Yay! - 6) and Lost (8) this winter, and a few others.
Also, there's a funny YouTube video of the Office writers on day two of the strike and so here's a link to that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hqP0c0_gw
I think there are other videos of the strike as well that should be easy to find if viewing this one.
Anywho, I think I've written my book for the day. Hope some of this info is helpful. Yay(?) for the Office tomorrow.
Yay for The Office tomorrow, although, I'm afraid that its not going to be great, being as this so called next episode to eventually be filmed is being heralded as the funniest episode of all time. This one was probabally just another build up. LAME. but im going to try to savor it anyway. and then im going to go out and buy the first season on DVD and live off of that for a while.
Post a Comment