A long time ago. July I believe, we got a plant. We found it at Costco when Damon was here visiting and it was love at first sight. We sorted through about 10 plants that all looked nearly identical and found this one. The best one. We brought it home and named it "Fenway". We're trying to gradually increase the number of living things in this household. This makes it 4. Me, Zeb, Robinson (the fish, who will be discussed later) and now Fenway. I guess it's weird to name a plant. But.....oh well. What's done is done. It took me forever to find the kind of pot that I wanted to plant Fenway in. Since Zeb was working full days while Damon was here, and I was only on half time, I forced Damon to accompany me in finding the perfect pot. I do feel pretty sorry for him, because I think we spent upwards of a few hours debating in the home/garden section of several retail establishments in Bozeman. But it was all worth it, because Damon was actually the one to finally find this pot and convince me that this was the one. But he was right. Now he knows what Zeb goes through on a very regular basis. Sorry Damon.
Fenway is doing very well in the house, and the odds that we will continue to keep it alive are in our favor.
___________________________________________________________
Late Pass Part 2) The Fish
The fish has not been doing well lately. He got all lethargic, and never wanted to eat. And to make matters worse, Zeb broke his lovely fish shaped living space while washing it.
evidence article 1
evidence article 2
So we were forced to get a new bowl for Robinson. We opted for this larger bowl (about 2 gallons)
Along with this interesting decoration. We were hoping he might want to swim through it, you know, give him some extra entertainment. He really seemed to enjoy his plastic grass, so we really thought this would be a hit. But it wasn't. Still just floating at the top, not eating. And no, he wasn't dead.
Through much google research, Zeb determined that Robinson was either constipated (huh?) or had a fish mouth rot caused by too cold of water. We bought a beta remedy solution to put in his water to make him healthy, got a smaller bowl (pictured below) for him, and have been trying to keep him water warmer by using an electric heating pad next to the bowl sometimes. He seems to be doing much better. At times we thought about just flushing him and getting a gold fish, but we are very committed to this fish. So, I would say that his odds are looking better everyday. Keep your fingers crossed.
So there you have it, I know I need a late pass for my late pass this week, but it's finally here. Make sure you share your own late pass information too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment