Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Late Pass Wednesday

We are pet owners!
It all started with this silly fish bowl vase thing from Target. We were there shopping for throw pillows for our new couch and loveseat, and I saw this. I wanted it, but then what would we do with it and were would we put it if we got it? Well, we could get a fish to put in it, and coincidentally PetSmart was right next door to the Target.
So thats where this guy comes in. We picked him out at PetSmart. I wanted a gold fish (sshh, don't say it in front of the fish though) but the lady at PetSmart said that the Beta was the fish that we would be the least likely to accidentally kill. And, we only have to clean his bowl once a week.
We named him Robinson, because we bought him on Jackie Robinson Day. (We've kept him alive for 10 days and counting!) His bowl sits on the coffee table in front of the TV. We're pretty sure he likes baseball, because he swims out of his plastic grass and hangs out when it's on TV. We aren't sure what team he likes the best yet, but we're just trying to get him exposed to as many different teams as possible so he can make an informed decision. So far we are thinking he might be a Brewer's fan. I'll let you know when we find out for sure.
The first few days we had him, he was really sluggish and just sort of "ho hum." I was pretty sure he was going to die, but now I think hes getting used to his bowl and getting used to Zeb taping on his glass.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Your "first" pet! Be careful he doesn't jump out of the bowl! I had two fish die by jumping out of an oversided martini glass...

Heather said...

He doesn't seem like much of a jumper yet, but I already thought of your experience!!

Damon said...


I meet your fish and raise my cat

Greg said...

Well it's not a puppy named Bo Jackson, but it's a good start.

Heather said...

I'm still working on the Puppy, believe that.