Heather, Zeb & Charles at the trail head to Bridalveil Falls.
As some of you may have gathered, Zeb has gotten into a little bit of a kick of blogging some of the pictures he has been taking lately, so I'm going to stick to posting up some of the group pictures from the trip and leave the scenic pics to Zeb. I'm also going to try to break down some of the funny moments and whatnot - although I have a sneaking suspicion that most of it is going to be one of those "you just had to be there type things" We'll see.
I had heard and been informed about the Bears at Yosemite National Park and some of the precautions that were required to ensure that we would not have any visitors during our stay at the camp site, but when we arrived at the park and were briefed by the woman at camp registration, everything somehow seemed a little more serious than I had imagined. (Emily & Gal, remember when we went rafting for the first time, and the guide had us scared shitless before we got into the raft, but it turned out to really not be that bad? Well, thats how I was feeling about the bears, scared shitless) We painstakingly unpacked the cars making sure that we didn't leave any type of food or drink behind that would lure in Bears and tempt them to pry open the Civic's front panel with their paws. Then we carefully locked away all the food in a large metal locker outside of the campsite. Throughout the first day, we went to great lengths to quickly sore away all food, drinks & trash as soon as we were done with it. When it came to bedtime that first night there were several last minute finds of things that needed to be stashed away in the locker, toothpaste, deodorant and other various snacks that had been previously forgotten.
Now you know how sometimes you think of a joke, some clever remark, but you have to wait for the perfect time to unleash said joke? Come on people, don't leave me hanging...we've all done this at one time or another right? Well, anyway, earlier in the evening while playing Apples to Apples I had hatched the perfect joke in my mind. Laying there as we had all finished our last check of forgotten bear magnet goods and had finally gotten cuddled up into our sleeping bags I found the perfect timing for my joke.
Me: Jolted upright from my place on the cot in perfectly planned dramatic fashion. Ummmmmmm....do you think we should put Apples to Apples away in the food locker???
Others (Zeb, Charles, My Mom, Ford): crickets
Me: busts out lauching hysterically
Others: busts out laughing as well
Me: Still laughing hysterically I thought of that earlier, and saved it all this time.
Charles: Wow, I was hoping that had just come to you spontaneously, but really, the fact that you saved it all that time makes it even worse.
Everyone: Everyone now laughing hysterically but more so at the lengths that I had gone to in order to deliver the extremely corny joke rather than the actual humor of said joke.
This was really one for the ages, I EXpecially wish that Damon could have been their to witness it, as I know what a great appreciation he has for my style of humor.
Heather & Zeb at Vernal Falls.

4 comments:
That is a good one Heather. You are a nerd. But you are totally right about how we all do that at one time or another. I'm glad you got a good laugh out of yours. There's nothing worse than getting all excited about the perfect joke only to have no one notice, or everyone think it's lame. Congratulations!
Looking forward to more! :)
Actually, I strive to find the joke that is so corny that only I think it's funny. Just ask Damon.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HEATHER AND ZEB!!
XXOO
Aross and Laef
wow heather...
Post a Comment