Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Who needs babies when you have Electronics

Here's a nice story that I don't think I've told before. This year Zeb and I ended up having to pay in for federal taxes. We were a bit perplexed as we definitely had a nice little chunk of our paychecks each month taken out for taxes, all year long. The very nice man (sarcasm) at H&R Block informed us that the reason we were going to have to pay in was because taxes had been taken out of our paychecks all year at the standard "married rate," but we didn't have any of the deductions that would by typical for your average married couple. Like say owning a home or having kids. Well thank you Mr. H&R Block man, but I don't need you pressuring me to have kids, I get it enough from my Mom.

Anyhow, today I decided that for now at least our electronics are the closest thing we have to kids. Both Robinson (the beta fish) and Fenway (the plant) are long gone. Our first born, the TV, however is doing very well. Then there is our middle child, Zeb's Computer. Although, I sort of think of the computer as more of a foster child, or maybe Zeb's illegitimate child? I definetely don't love it as much as I love the rest of our electronics. Then there is our youngest. Our new camera! We've been wanting to get this for a long time and we decided to dedicate our stimulus check toward this purchase. Check it out!

The total package: Canon XSi with an 18-55 mm image stability infrared microprocess mirror recorder (I don't know if thats an actual term, actually I'm fairly certain that at least half of that was bullshit, but thats what Zeb just told me right now, so if that makes no sense and isn't actually the features of a camera lense, forgive me) and also a 55-250 mm ISAF lense, giant cannon camera bag, 2 gig fastspeed memory SD card, 2 batteries, battery charger - and a neck strap - according to Zeb that's all you need to know.

Closer look at the camera.

A look inside the worlds largest camera bag.

One of Zeb's first shots with the new camera.
Me blogging it out:
So we used some fancy features of the camera to capture an image of me "blogging it out" notice the incredible typing that is obviously going on here. Lately whenever we get into a "discussion" about something Zeb likes to use the term "Blog it Out" to make fun of me. For example, say I disagree with something Zeb and Damon are saying they would turn to me and say "Why don't you just blog it out" it's equivalent to saying "Shove it" or "Why don't you stick it where the sun don't shine" Really charming. The term originates from the day that Zeb and Damon were making fun of me for not knowing what "5 Hole" means. Used as a verb the term has also come to mean to take an issue to the blog for unbiased opinions or to be solved. i.e. "Fine, I'm just going to Blog it Out then" I'm working on possibly starting a new feature entitled "Blog it Out" We'll see.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Blogging it out is the best way to showcase the ridiculousness of men. i mean boys.

I heart your blog! I'm expecting LOTS of pictures now!