Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Late Pass Wednesday: Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em

It's amazing what you'll learn watching VH1 soul. Apparently MC Hammer is back with a new album, and a new single, "Bring Our Brothers Home", which is a political commentary on the war in Iraq, and a new music video.



I don't know what is more confusing/astonishing/flabbergasting, that MC Hammer is still alive or that he actually put together a recording with something socially relevant to say. THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMM.

After seeing the video, I was intrigued, all it took was a little bit of googling and I found that I'm not the only one with a blog, MC Hammer has one too. Check it out, and you can enjoy such things as MC Hammer reminicing on his music and dance career...and I quote...

While my dance and visual arts have always brought joy to millions (by the grace of God), songs like,"Help The Children, Pray, Do Not Pass Me By, Going Up Yonder, Keep On, and other socially inspired songs that I made have brought me my greatest joy.


Joy to millions indeed. That's just a little teaser for you, but there are pleanty of other gems on there, and this discovery is what has inspired me to start a new feature on the blog. It will be called:
Congratulations! You Did It! World's Best Link! (notice the "Elf" reference) and it will be found on the top right hand side of the blog from now on. I will change it whenever I feel appropriate. I was going to name it "Link of the Week", but then I became concerned that I would not be able to come up with an equally delightful link on such a frequent basis.

Enjoy the MC Hammer stuff, and let me know if it strikes you as hilarious as it struck me!?

5 comments:

Damon said...

Have you seen her..
tell me have you seen her
seen her

Anonymous said...

Love, ohhh love,
Love is a feeling...

Best song EVER! Love the Hammer.

Heather said...

haha! too cute. singing MC Hammer at softball practice. some of our finer moments!

Greg said...

This truely is a magnificent find Heather. May Hammertime heal the world!

Heather said...

"May Hammertime Heal The World"

I like the sound of that. You should pitch that slogan to Hammer for his blog.