But that's besides the point. It's cold! I had to wear gloves and a scarf inside my office yesterday. And I won't stand for this kind of....of...I won't stand for it. Not in Oregon anyway.
Our power went out yesterday evening, and it's not like we actually have candles or flashlights or anything that would help in the event of a power outage. I navigated the apartment by the light of my cell for for a little while, stubbed my toe on the couch, then sat in the dark and waited for Zeb to come home. (Note to self: if there is ever a serious natural disaster I will not survive.)
And you know what, it's such an inconvenience. I drove around in worse than this for a year and a half in Bozeman. If I have to hear "it's probably not a good idea to go to the _____ right now, it's not your driving I'm worried about, it's the other people." I will freak out. Learn how to drive people, so that Zeb will let me out of the house!
I'd also like to put a permanent ban on the phrase "I like the snow, it really gets me in the holiday spirit." F-That. I''m going to go put on my pea coat, sit on the couch and watch the Real Housewives of Orange County.
10 comments:
You crack me up, Heather!LOL!
By the way, where did you get that video? I want it.
A friend emailed it to me. I'll have Damon forward it to you.
Don't tell me you're pro-snow???
You should get a tattoo on your inner-lip.
P.S. Laef quizzed me the other day about what I would do if the power went out. Then he wanted to know if I knew where the circuit breaker is. But, let's just be real. I'm going to sit on the couch and wait for him to come home.
Heather,
The only time I like snow is when I am home safe in a warm house watching it from a window. Otherwise, if I have to go out in it, or god forbid drive in it, I hate it.
P.S. Talk about snow....It is snowing here in Sweet Home and I have to go out in it! POOP!
That video is pretty funny!
I'm torn about the snow - haven't had to go out in it much yet and it's oh, so pretty. But we in the valley do like to freak about it and no one is able to drive in it, so it sucks just for that.
I'm happy to report that I do know where our circuit breaker is, and I have apparently stumbled across the dual positive (no one nags me about staying home, poor little woman that I am) and negative (I get to do it all myself - can't wait in the dark for my man to save me!) of singletondom.
You know what else pisses me off?? Static. It's all staticy with the cold & dri-fit material feels really gross when staticy.
watch more survivorman heather
Haha! Great post Heather! I grew up in the snow, so I do actually kind of miss it, especially being here on the California coast.
The best part about snow is when it has snowed all night and when you first look out your window there is this flawless blanket of white covering everything. Once there are foot prints and snow plowing it loses its appeal, but when its unblemished I can't think of anything better during the holidays.
Post a Comment