...The Swisher-Train that is.* Typically this is some trailer-trashy, Oakland A's bullshit that I would never condone. Similar to the Yanks acquiring Jason Giambi back in the day. Let's just put it out there and say that if you've donned the dreaded white cleats, and stood for everything that the A's do (you know: facial hair, outdated uniforms, green and yellow color combo, dumb facial expressions, jose canseco), there's about 99.9% chance that I will not welcome your arrival on My New York Yankees.But Giambi won my affection (you can not deny the power of the 'stache.) Oh yeah, I think it was somewhere around the time when A-Rod tried to slap the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's hand during the 2004 ALCS that I said to myself "You know that Giambi, he's not that bad."

Sidenote: Really A-Rod. You actually manage to make Bronson Arroyo look kind of cool. Really.What was I talking about? Oh yeah, so I was able to open up my fanhood to welcome Giambi, and what do you know? I'm ready to do it again. I for one am a huge proponent of the Yankees aquireing Nick Swisher and here's why:
- Getting Swisher to play 1st base for a reasonable amount of money decreases the possibility that the Yankees will be drawn into bidding wars over Mark Texiera. Texiera is a great player, don't get me wrong, but the last thing the Yankees need is another over-priced slugger. We need pitcher's people!
- Greg is a Nick Swisher fan so by association Greg is now officially a Yankees fan. Congratulations Greg. I'll teach you the secret hand shake later.
5 comments:
I love secret handshakes!
Doesn't everyone?
good game
I am a Nick Swisher fan. And will never be a Yankees fan.
Back off the A's you biatch.
A-Ross, the A's are the most trailer-trashy team in professional sports. I defy you to name any other team that could beat them in a poll. I will post it with a quickness, and I promise to only vote once.
Post a Comment