Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How I Met Your Mother

This show has got to be a close 2nd on my television agenda behind The Office. Zeb and I got hooked on it in it's 2nd season, and recently I've been trying to catch up by watching the first season on DVD. It is awesome.
  1. Doogie Howser plays Barney. Need I say more? I mean, you had me at Doogie Howser.
  2. I was going to list more reasons, but the more times I read # 1, really, that says it all.
I HIGHLY recommend that if you're in the mood to get hooked on a show, that you go out and pick up the first season and watch it. The great news is that the second and third seasons do not disappoint either - so you've got some serious DVD material there. Here's the link to the website, if you want to check it out.

For those of you that already watch the show, here is a quick list of my favorite episodes:
  1. Ted moves in with Robin & Barney steals his moving truck with all of his belongings and holds it ransom for one more night of brohood. Best moment of the episode, Barney calls Ted to set his ransom price, when Ted recognizes his voice Barney replies "I'm not Barney, but I hear that guy is Awesome."
  2. The Bro Code
  3. Lily & Marshall's wedding - everything possible goes wrong, Marshall gets horrible frosted tips and then freaks out and shaves his head into a reverse mohawk. Makes you laugh out loud.
  4. The episode where they all point out each other's annoying habits, and once the habit is pointed out, thats all that anyone can focus on, proceeding to drive everyone crazy. Also known as the shattering glass episode.
If you're already a believer, what is your favorite episode??

4 comments:

Damon said...

My favorite episode would have to be the one where they almost get off the island but Gilligan screws something up and they end up not being able to leave

Coach Scanson said...

SLAPBET

Coach Scanson said...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/community/barney_blog/index.php


Check out Barney's Blog, its LEGEN wait for it, , , , DARY

Heather said...

Damon, you suck.

Yes, Barney's blog is great. I like the entry with the application to be his wingman, and also the brocode.