skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- Wow. So much to say - I could make like 17 posts or just one GINORMOUS one. I think people get overwhelmed with too long of posts (like thats ever stopped me before.) So it's a huge dilemma.
- Yesterday I was told by one our our football players (a senior, no less, so he knows what he's talking about) that I am the Michael Phelps of taping. Probably the best compliment I have ever received. ever. See future post regarding Michael Phelps.
- Training table chicken tortilla soup is pretty much my fall camp savior. It's like water, or air. It is essential. Today I had a bowl for dinner and it completely revitalized me. You can probably credit my blogging abilities tonight to that soup. It's a yellow light food, by the way.
- In other color coordinated food news, I lost 2 lbs the first week of camp and an additional 1 lb. the second week. I know that's not much, but it's giving me motivation to stick with the stop light plan.
- It's effing hot here today. I sweated so much at practice that my skin had that white salty residue on it.
- Have had some recent questions regarding how 1-up's manship is going. It's amazing. I've collected a few of our daily winners and am ready to share them here. Bear in mind that often times during fall camp things will happen that we find utterly hilarious, but will make no sense to the outside world. I apologize if that is the case here:
Person 1: "I haven't had any wiskey since fall camp started"
Person 2: brings stethescope to person 1, makes them listen to bowel sounds and explains "I don't need to drink wiskey, I have a distillery in my liver and my body produces it naturally"
Person 1: "What did you learn today?"
Student: "I learned how to cast a wrist"
Person 1: "You watched me cast that wrist, you didn't learn shit" room falls silent, then bursts into laughter and entire AT Staff rises to their feet to give a standing ovation (that might be an exageration)
Grad Student: "Do you have guitar hero?"
Me: "Uhhhh, yes" said in a disgusted tone, shouldn't that be obvious?
Everyone else in the room: Goes through various 1-up's regarding other things that would be obvious to ask
Me: "Do I have US Citizenship?"
- (yeah I know that should be # 7, but I couldn't get it to format that way, and I am too tired to try, so deal with it) Was thinking while at px. (practice) today (now like 10 days ago) that I forgot to call Snacktime for calling the UO Athletic Trainers lazy just because they are lucky enough to have an equipment staff that fills their water pumpers. Haters wanna hate.
- I would like to hollar at Coach Scanson for vowing to become a loyal reader of married to the game. Check out my soon to come the office post, amazing.
4 comments:
Is Omar Vizquel a good short stop?
The Michael Phelps of taping??? WOW!!! So does that mean that you do just enough to get by in the early rounds (underclassmen/redshirts) but come finals time (Starters) you break the world record? Also do you have an abnormally long torso and shorty legs?
Whats the story with the Red/Yellow light diet? Is this similiar to Scanson's food rules of the road?
haha, thanks for the shout out...and I mean they have that brilliant new treatment center, they least they can do is fill up some pumpers. I also recant on the laziness, I think it's more spoiled.
Scanson - check out previous fall camp notes posts for the low down on the green/yellow/redlight meal plans. You could really implement this next season.
Post a Comment