- First day of practice today, it helped me remember some of the reasons why I really do like working football, I can still whip out a pristine OSU football ankle with the best of 'em, and actually it's still pretty fun when you get in the madness of the pre-practice preparations.
- I've gotten more gear in the past 2 days than the past 6 months that I've been here. That's nice.
- I'm working on getting my memory skills back, I was a little bit surprised today at how well I was starting to get a hold on several of the guys names and positions. I still have a ways to go, but it's looking promising.
- My boss challenged us all to to a weigh-in at the start of camp and then again when camp it over. It's easy to over eat with all the free food constantly provided, so this was just a way for us to keep it all in check. I have never in my life gone through a football camp with the intention of eating health-fully; there is just too much good food for that kind of nonsense, but this year I am really going to give it a legitimate shot. At the dining hall they show the menu based on weather it is a "red light" "yellow light" or "green light" food. You get the idea, red light are foods that aren't very good for you and you should limit your consumption, yellow are foods to be cautious with, and green light foods you can go right ahead. Ha. Well, I must say I've been doing a really good job the last 24 hours of sticking strictly with the green light foods. This means no dessert, no soda, portion control, and plenty of fruits and veggies. Overall I am proud of my efforts but I have to say that the last two nights when I have gotten home I have been starving & none too satisfied. I think for my own sanity I may have to devise a rule regarding the occasional consumption of desserts. It is fall camp, so I fully reserve the right to take back all these intentions and go after the fried foods and all you can eat desserts (breakfast, lunch and dinner) at any time. I'll let you know how it goes.
スーツやレジャーに関する投稿を意識的に減らしたところ
8 years ago
3 comments:
I believe this is referred to as "being Skooged".
Well, yes and no. Is it still considered a skooging when it's self inflicted? At UO we couldn't avoid the skoogery, but here there are plenty of delightful taste sensations that I am currently depriving myself of.
I'm pretty sure I saw and HBO special once on self-inflicted skoogings. I had to turn away multiple times.
Post a Comment