Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Late Pass Wednesday - Tire Blowout

Here's a doozey for ya. A few weekend's ago we rolled out to Springfield to kick it with Emily & Chicken and just so happened to have a tire blowout on our way. See the thing about it was that about ohh...10 minutes prior to our little accident we had passed a Hummer parked on the side of 1-5 with a blowout and a Les Schwab truck there working on it. Zeb gave a little smartass honk on the horn and we preceeded to comment how ridiculous was it for a Hummer to get a flat tire on the freeway, and how much that would suck. Fast forward and it's us on the side of the road. Instant tire karma.
Zeb was actually really impressive with his tire changing skills. I'd say he had us back on the road in about 12 minutes flat. No thanks to Damon standing there in the back looking on. (hehe, just joking Damon)
As you can see in this picture there was quite a bit of rubber from the tire still wrapped around the....axel? or whatever part of the car that is. Either way - it would have been a pain in the butt to try to get that off.....
.....that is if Zeb didn't have a handy buck knife in the glove box! See the funny thing about this is that we joke every single year at Christmas time when my Dad gives Zeb some variation on a pocket knife. Dad always makes some comment about how a real man should always have a sharp knife in his pocket - I can't agree more!
There's what remained of Zeb's tire. For some reason I felt bad to just leave the poor thing on the side of the freeway.
Wow! Later we realize, it's a good thing that Damon brought Zeb this Dale Earnhart Jr. Amp energy drink before we left, NO WONDER he was so good at changing that tire!

Also, I learned a valuable lesson that day. When life gives you lemons - blog it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very funny! Hilarious stuff! Karma is a bitch!

Al the Gal said...

Oh good! I was just thinking I should ask you when you were going to post this! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!