Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mourning Manny

Gotta say, I'd been hoping that the Sox would trade off Manny before the deadline, mostly just because I think they'll be easier to beat without his bat. Yeah, less distractions in the club house, blah, blah blah. We'll see how it all ends up working out for them, Jason Bay is pretty comparable as far as the stats go this season, but I still think they'll be missing that "Manny being Manny" factor.

You know, it's actually kind of sad to see him go. Manny is one of the best in the game, and that makes beating the Red Sox even more sweet. He was a huge core to the Red Sox success in the recent years, so it's a little bit of an end of an era. Hopefully, an era that ushers in a few more World Series Titles for the Yankees, then I'm sure I won't miss seeing Manny in the other dugout at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T-Minus until Ortiz is a Yankee to officially mark the end of the era.

Heather said...

I'll take Ortiz