Anyone who watched the game should know, that as soon as we layed eyes on the TV we were stuck watching the rest of the game, however long it took. I can't remember being that interested in an All-Star Game in quite a while. We even managed to hustle out for drinks at McMinaminns (can't spell that to save my life!) in between innings without missing much. My All-Star highlights are as follows:
- Papelbon gives up a run. Suck it.
- Rivera pitches 2 shutout innings, given he'll probably be shot for the rest of the season, but it was nice to see.
- Great defense & pitching & overall some good calls by the blues. I mean a game isn't interesting if you don't have at least a couple calls that can be hotly debated the next day!
- By starting to watch the game in the 9th inning I managed to avoid any siteings of A-Rod.
So then we left McMinimens only to find that Zeb had left his lights on and now the car battery was dead. But not to worry, a friendly man on a gator (yeah, i have no idea why he's driving a gator around the streets of Corvallis at 11:30 PM) stopped and offered to try and jump the civic from the gator battery, somehow I doubt that was going to happen. Luckily we had another friendly man with an interesting accent who stopped to jump us with an actual car.
So anyway, it might not seem like much. Maybe it was just the fun of connecting with an old friend after a long time, hanging out and telling stories and laughing until we cried, but this really could go down as an All-Time Great Day. I gotta let it marinate, but I think it might.
in other news: Zeb has a new job, and I got all kinds of crafty today after work. I'll try to blog that out soon.
2 comments:
I would like to say, for the record, that I DID enjoy the All-Star game. Yes, I may have made a few wise cracks on the blog, but I totally agree. We were sucked in starting from the point that Pablebon came in.
by the way, you're such a fucking Yankee fan. Hating on Pablebon. And, good defense. Yes, minus Uggla. Poor guy.
I'm glad you guys had such a good time. All-Time Great Days are too few and far between. :)
Post a Comment