I am proud of Zeb for the work he does coaching Boys & Girls Club baseball for a number of reasons. For one thing, he has learned his fair share being the husband of an Athletic Trainer. He is very responsible when it comes to injuries and the kids on his team. He always listens to them when they say they are hurting. He never does that guilt trip coach thing where they tell the kids to just toughen up and deal with it. He only lets his pitchers throw fastballs, because he knows that at this age their arms probably aren't ready to handle the stresses of all the various pitches. (He even looked up a position statement on the NATA website to see what it said about what age kids should be allowed to start throwing a curve ball - on his own, I didn't tell him anything) But the other night, when he wrapped a package of frozen sausage links on his sore knee, I couldn't help but think this guy is out of his mind. I won't deny that I've suggested athletes use frozen peas for icing before...but SAUSAGE LINKS!? Hey, whatever works.I wanted to take a picture when he had them wrapped on his knee, but he refused. So this will have to suffice.
2 comments:
As long as it is frozen it does not matter what it is. I remember putting some frozen pea soup on my knee after my knee surgery.
Whatever works! Right Zeb?
these are the kinds of stories that make my day.
Post a Comment