Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weekend Update

Hey guys, yeah, I'm back. You know, it almost became another long blog sabatical, but I remembered that I had a taken a new picture of Charles and his precious new Cactus, "Francis."

We had a great weekend, my mom, Ford and Charles came and met me for dinner at American Dream Pizza for my mom's birthday last friday. I surprised her with the latex coated tongs that they had been jonesing for; I had previously convinced her that I was having trouble finding them and wasn't sure if they really existed or not. Hehe. Gift giving is better when you completely fake the person out.

Softball is officially over, which is great news, and kind of crappy news all at the same time. I'm excited for it to be over, to finally have weekends and to get a chance to start fresh with my team. On the other hand, the fact that the season is over means that the team had an extraordinarily shitty season - so you know...six one way, a half dozen the other.....when in rome.....

Anyway, back to Charles and his cactus. After dinner on Friday, Charles ended up staying in Corvallis and hanging out with me. Zeb had to work late at Home Depot, so we decided to roll out there and check him out in his new element and also pick up some mother's day presents. The cactus was definitely an impulse buy for Char, but according to him, he's been waiting a long time to name something "Francis", so maybe it was a long time in coming. We spent the rest of the evening discussing the high points of the new Atmosphere CD (Charles actually appreciates my taste in music, which is more than I can say for most of you people!!!) and watching old episodes of "The Dog Whisperer." Bro/Sis bonding at it's finest.

A few random points:

  • Gal, they re-run episodes of Gossip Girl on Sunday evenings, so you have no excuse to not be keeping up with "Your Mother."
  • Zeb is coaching baseball again, and he has some really great stories. I may be biased, but I think he might be the greatest coach of all time. Move over John Wooden & Joe Paterno. I'm thinking I might run by his practice tomorrow night and take some pictures to share with everyone.
  • I hope everyone watching the Bruce clip, if not - all I can say is that there is no hope for you people.
  • What the hell? Mariah Carey married Nick Cannon? This seems like a crazy publicity stunt to me, like maybe for that show on VH1...Pop Fiction? We'll see. My realistic side says they'll be divorced in a matter of weeks. But it would be cute if they were like 80 years old and still together!

3 comments:

Al the Gal said...

You don't seem to understand how much I love "Gossip Girl." Yes, I could, in theory, wait until Sunday to catch a new episode, but I would likely die in anticipation. It is the show I live for each week. I still love The Office, Lost and Battlestar Galactica, but it is only for Gossip Girl that I jones like a junkie. You're really asking the ridiculous of me.

There's only one more new episode, I'll catch up on "your shows" over the summer and we'll see what happens with scheduling for next year. If they're still at the same time, no dice. But I will try to make more of an effort to watch online! That's the best I can do!

P.S. Glad softball's over!!! Free time! When do you wanna schedule a "Sex and the City" night? Also, awesome for Zeb! I really wanna hear some great stories about his coaching!

Heather said...

So Zeb has to work from like 1:30-10:30 this Saturday...do you want to do SATC then?

Al the Gal said...

Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

I don't know if Saturday will work. I really want to, but Dad's coming home this weekend, hasn't been back in three weeks and will be gone for the next 2-3, and since he gets in late on Friday and leaves after church on Sunday, Saturday's really the only day to hang with him. Any other days coming up that work?