Most of the time when I watch "The Office" I crack up the entire time, but when it gets to the end and I go to blog about it, I can't remember a damn thing that I thought was funny, usually I can eventually come up with a few comments, but this week I decided to take some quick notes during the episode. The following is what I came up with. My additional comments after the fact are in italics.
- jim's hair (Something about Jim's recent longer 'do is really bothersome to me. Does i mean something? Is it just the product of a new stylist on staff? The little flip-er-roo that has been going on the last few episodes takes the normal disheveled Jim Halpert look and somehow for me crosses the line. Is anyone with me?)
- proposal?! (they alluded to a possible upcoming proposal a little bit last week, but I tried to ignore it. Isn't this moving too fast?! )
- andy's golf pants!! (nothing else needs to be said)
- migraine worker (right at the same level as "colored greens" but I would love to hear Michael's explaination for what a migraine worker actually is)
- "the office" marathon on sunday (yes!)
- dwight & angela alone in the office!!!! (can anyone say...afternoon delight?)
- jim's hair - seriously!!! (still annoyed, and the golf hat this episode is only making it worse)
- andy gets thrown from golf cart into sand trap (totally saw it coming, but loved it all the same)
- game over! (there is always something funny about someone drop kicking a basketball)
- "i would never say this to her face, but she is a wonderful person and a gifted artist" (p.s. Pam really seems to be getting annoyed with Michael's constant demeaning comments)
- andy's blisters, eww (tried to ignore them the first time around, but they are just sooo gross)
- especially awkward michael episode (After making some strides last week in the professional areana, Michael was definitely back to his old ways this week, insecure and looking for constant approval - even from highschoolers)
- new york of philadelphia for pam? philadelphia = philly jim anyone?! (I dont' know if I like where this is going! )
- season finale next week. 1 hour. how did it sneak up on us so quick?
GOODBYE, TOBY8/7c TV-PG 05.18.2008
IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE - SPECIAL ONE HOUR SEASON FINALE - OSCAR NOMINEE AMY RYAN ("Gone Baby Gone") GUEST STARS - It's Toby's (Paul Lieberstein) goodbye party at Dunder Mifflin and Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) demands a huge celebration that matches the joy in his heart. Angela (Angela Kinsey), sick of Michael's unreasonable last minute demands, refuses, and Michael turns to Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) to take over the party planning committee. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Meredith (Kate Flannery) haze the new HR woman, Holly (Oscar Nominee Amy Ryan). John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Melora Hardin, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, and Craig Robinson also star.
2 comments:
Totally agree with you about Jim's hair being off (although I kinda liked it with the baseball cap on), it's definitely been longer and flippier and more unkempt.
Thought Andy was one of the best things about this episode and I didn't actually see the golf cart flip coming, so that was awesome!
As for Jim and Pam, yeah the proposal seems kinda soon, but then I think, what the hell, they've been in love for more than three years, why not? As long as it doesn't ruin the show. However, it does look like they'll be throwing a wrench in the works with either Jim getting screwed professionally, or Pam up and leaving for Philly. (looks like it's leaning toward Pam right now, we'll see!)
I really don't want Toby to leave, but the replacement HR rep is played by Amy Ryan (AWESOME in Gone Baby Gone) so that makes it better, and Dwight and Meredith teaming up to haze? Even better!!!
Angela and Dwight spent a whole day alone together and practically nothing happened? I wanted more! And my only real complaint about the latest episodes is that Darryl has been completely underused and there has been little to no Kelly! Here's hoping they'll be around a bit more in the finale!
I think the finale is going to be amazing. Actually I shouldn't psyche myself up too much or I might be disappointed.
I'm going to be looking for the unveiling of why Michael hates Toby, and I think its hilarious that Michael is going to throw a celebration to "match the joy in his heart" that Toby is leaving. So mean, but so Michael.
Do we really think that a PB & J proposal is going to be in the finale!? I know thats what they're trying to make us think, but are they going to go through with it!?!?
Post a Comment