Night Out:I was informed by an annoymous source that this episode was less than impressive, and maybe because I wasn't expecting much I ended up really liking it. A Couple of my highlights:
- Toby's awkward hand on Pam's thigh!
- What's up with Jim's shaggy hair?
- Dwight's fixation with Ryan The Temp's dwarfish friend.
- Dwight proves to be a real ladies man - very popular with the women's basketball team at the club.
Toby is moving to Costa Rica?!
Did I Stutter?
This one kept me a little bit perplexed. The Stanley/Michael confrontation made the majority of the episode feel a little bit awkward. Although I will say that I felt proud of Michael for standing up for himself at the end, and I think he did earn just a little bit of Stanley's respect. Jim's hair continues to look oddly disheveled. LOVED Dwight's Emergency Plan chain of command & the fact that somehow Michael manages to stay strong enough and not relinqish control!
Next Week on "The Office"
JOB FAIR 9/8c TV-PG 05.08.2008
Jim (John Krasinski) hits the links with Andy (Ed Helms) and Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) to try and land his biggest client ever. Meanwhile, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) sets up a booth at a local job fair, which happens to be at Pam's (Jenna Fischer) alma mater, to find "the best and the brightest" for Dunder Mifflin's summer internship. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Angela Kinsey, Creed Bratton, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Paul Lieberstein, Phyllis Smith and Craig Robinson also star.
3 comments:
I agree - I thought "Night Out" was fantastic! Totally loved Toby's hand on Pam's leg and the awkward silence that settled and grew as everyone slowly noticed. And the way he jumped that fence - awesome!
I thought "Did I Stutter?" was good, but it was one of the more uncomfortably awkward episodes, and didn't have as much humor to balance the mood. The Stanley/Michael stuff just wasn't terribly funny, although I think the confrontation was necessary, and I was proud of Michael for how he finally handled it one-on-one.
I did enjoy Pam's coke bottle glasses, and agree that Dwight's Chain of Power chart was amazing (as was his "Dwight Over All" contingency plan!) The episode as a whole had a few too many "Ouch" moments for me; it's like the Stanley/Michael stuff was enough, but then they have Toby egging Michael on (initially, and then later telling Michael to ACTUALLY fire Stanley), Ryan putting the smackdown on Jim (and again, Toby cowardly supporting it - lame!), and even Dwight's flipper-car sale on Andy seemed too mean-spirited.
In another episode I probably wouldn't have minded, but the whole of this one had 1 or 2 too many mean/awkward moments for me. It all seems necessary for plot and character growth, but having it all in one place just hurt!
Gal! What about Toby going to Costa Rica!?!? I'm so confused.
I have no idea what to make of that. It seemed like a one-off idea, something that wouldn't be real or followed through the next week, and he was in the next episode, so I'm not sure if that's really gonna happen.
However, on the Office homepage there is a little announcement called "Goodbye Toby: Live Chat with Paul Lieberstein May ??" - so that makes me think it's real. I don't know. For right now I choose to believe he's not really going because I like Toby and I want him to stick around!
Post a Comment