It's been a long time since the last Late Pass Wednesday, but it is worth the wait, this one is a a doozey guys...We're buying a house! It's been a crazy, stressful, exciting and scary few months leading up to this, but yes, we are actually buying a house. Like most first time home buyers this is the biggest purchase we have ever even thought about making, but we've searched long and hard (thats what she said) and I think we've really found the right place for us. And it's cute right?!
Zeb has really worked hard doing the majority of the research for the house, talking to the realtor, mortgage broker and doing various other leg work. It has been tough, and there has been more than one occasion that I thought he was going to have an aneurysm. I can't lie, there were nights when we waited to hear back from the seller on our offer that I could barely sleep with anticipation. Now that the closing date is almost here it is nice to be able to relax a little and look forward to the future.
The house is 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, obviously a little bit too big for just 2 people. And no, I'm not pregnant. So we decided to ask Damon to move in with us, occupy a room and help us with our new mortgage. You, Me & Dupree - here we come! At first I was a little nervous about this idea, but if nothing else it should be really good for the blog because I'll have endless ridiculous stories, probabaly lots more polls to settle household debates, and pet antics involving Ollie learning to co-exist with Damon's cat Apollo.
8 comments:
OMG. WTF? This house is huge! Can we move in too?
Congrats! It's so cute. You're all grown up!!
YES!!! Another person who watches "The Office!" I love it. Now if I can only get Jenny to watch it. The house is BEA-utiful! Congrats!
I only saw the house in the dark on Christmas night. It is so damn cute!!
Truthfully, I was a little apprehensive about Damon moving in with you guys. But, he told me all the pros of moving there, so I changed my mind.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
A-Ross: This ain't a halfway house. Hahaha. And about the all grown up thing, nah, see that's another plus about taking on a roommate, we can avoid the "all grown up" label a little longer.
Kelli: Yes, of course I love The Office. We'll get Jenny sooner or later!
Melanie: What could you have possibly been concerned about?! Just joking, the idea actually started out as a joke, but somehow it really grew on me. I don't think we could ever find a better roommate!
Can I add a WORD on the house looking huge! Seriously, aren't first homes supposed to be fixer-uppers? But it's absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see the inside.
Okay, so the problem is that in Corvallis, fixer-uppers don't come with a fixer-upper price. So when we got this one for just a little bit more than your average hell hole Corvallis "fixer-upper" we figured it was a pretty good deal.
Congratulations!!!! When do you move in!! So happy for you two!
I feel so left behind right now! Both my roommates from grad school are moving onto the next step in their lives. Laef and Allison are engaged and you and Zeb are buying property! I better step up my game!
Congratulations Heather and Zeb! The house looks comfy! I look forward to all the blog entries to come. I know how much Heather loves packing and moving, so it's got to be hilarious.
Congrats again!
Post a Comment