I have a problem. Other than reality TV. I get sucked in to CNN. Any time there is big national or world news, I can NOT tear myself away from it. Even when it gets to the point where the new anchors are just repeating over and over the small amount of news that is available. I can't help it. Yesterday's presidential election was no different. Although I'm sure there was a market of people interested in watching every tiny little moment of the festivities, it really did go way overboard. There is a reason that for past inaugurations they usually just breaks into normal programing to show the oath and speech, maybe a little bit of commentary and then back to normal business. Not an entire day's worth of TV on every station. But I'm pretty sure I was glued to just about every moment of it. Soooo yeah.It is one thing I really enjoy about my job, and maybe those of you that also work in athletics can relate, there's something special about working in this setting when really big things go on in the country and the world. We are constantly mulling over the news of the day with whichever athletes happen to be in the Athletic Training Room. There are always a vast array of opinions and points of view, and I think it's fun and refreshing to see what these young people are thinking about any given topic. Sometimes it's hilarious, sometimes exchanges are heartfelt and meaningful, and sometimes the comments that get made are just plain dumb. But it's always interesting. We don't always agree, actually we rarely agree, but we're always respectful of each other. I hope that everyone has that kind of sounding board, at least to some degree.
The celebration is over, no more pomp & circumstance - now we get to see what happens next.
1 comment:
I couldn't turn it off either. I actually watched the parade and I hate parades. And while I was watching primetime I kept turning it back to CNN for the latest on the balls. Btw, there were 10??? Have there always been 10? That seemed a little ridiculous. Obviously I never cared to watch Bush's inaugurations or balls so I don't know if this much coverage is usual, but I doubt it.
Post a Comment