Monday, January 05, 2009

Gramma's Bad Influence

Ollie spent the week while we were in El Paso with my mom. We missed him terribly, but felt better knowing that he was being well taken care of and having fun. Too much fun it turns out. Although my mom promised to stick to our stringent puppy parenting guidelines it seems that something went astray along the way. He reportedly spend the week feasting on dryer sheets, roaming the wilderness and sleeping in people's beds. In short, having the time of his life.

Upon picking him up, Ollie quickly asserted his distaste for the situation by going 3 for 3 in incidents of relieving himself indoors per day stats, including pooping in my dad's kitchen and peeing on my freshly laundered sheets. I'm not sure if he was more mad that we left him for so long or that we came back for him. After the 3rd offense Zeb vowed that if he made one more mistake we were going to get rid of him. There have been no more mistakes.

In other odd behavior related news Ollie now barks at every little noise around the apartment, the hair on the back of his neck stands straight up everytime we leave the house and he marks his territory at least 50 times in any one block span. In other words he acts like a real dog. We can't wait to have our civilized little guy back.

3 comments:

Greg said...

That's a great photograph!

Anonymous said...

Just like a kid. Grandma spoiled him rotten and so it will take a week to get him back into shape. He he!

I agree with Greg, it is a great photo! He looks so innocent! You should enter it in a photo contest or something...

Allison said...

I hear ya sister. I watched Sanchez eat a piece of his toy the other day. I couldn't react fast enough because I really couldn't believe it.

Ollie is SO cute!! More Ollie stories!