Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ollie Update

Ollie has a problem, he is terrified of his food dish. (hey! stop looking at the picture and thinking how cute he is, and pay attention!!) He's always been a little bit funny with the food bowl. He'll sneak up to it and grab 1 or 2 pieces and run far away and eat them, and then slowly go back for a few more. At first we thought that maybe he had been the runt and he had to be sneaky to get past his brothers & sisters. But shouldn't he be over that by now? And I actually think it's getting worse. The volume of food he is consuming just isn't enough for a growing boy. It's not the bowl its self because we've tried several. It's not the food, because he'll eat it just fine if we take it out of the bowl and put some on the ground.

Zeb tried to cure it by putting Ollie in his crate with the food bowl and, therefore forcing Ollie to get comfortable with being in close proximity to his food dish. Yeah, that didn't work. Ollie just sat shaking and terrified in the back of the crate until I told Zeb to stop terrorizing him.

Any ideas, or anyone know of a good puppy therapist?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried putting the food in his new Ollie Bean dish you painted for him?

Heather said...

Yeah, so that's how I know it's not the dish it's self because he hated the other bowl too.

And by the way, I'm pretty offended that he refuses to eat from that bowl that I slaved over.

boo.