Tuesday, November 04, 2008

History

Our history books are filled with moments of great triumph and great despair, the moments that mark the changing of the tides. We'll tell our children and our grandchildren where we were and what we thought of these historic times. 9/11 was the first time that I really felt I had lived during a time that would always be a marker in history, tonight is another. No matter who you voted for, we can all wake up tomorrow morning knowing that possibilities of what people can accomplish in this country are a little bit broader. How many times have you heard the statement: "I just don't know if the country is ready for ______." We are ready.

With any luck the hope we feel tonight will translate through the next 4 years and we may see some real change.

5 comments:

Al the Gal said...

I hear you, babe, and I echo your hope for the future.

Coach Scanson said...

You have grandchildren?

Heather said...

Okay, so I might be getting ahead of myself, but just in case that plan never pans out, I've got a plan B.

Plan B: Be the crotchety old lady that tells everyone exactly what she thinks regardless of whether they asked for it or not.

That way I can still tell kids about this when I'm old.

Coach Scanson said...

I think you should be crotchety and talk to kids no matter how many grandkids you actually have.

Also, as a crotchety old lady you need to feel the need to discipline other people's children. The teacher in me fights this all the time. My urge to discipline other's kids is strong. blah blah ramble ramble

Heather said...

Yeah, it's official, I'm going to be that old lady. It'll be great.