Friday, March 16, 2007

Baseball Challenge and other thoughts...

Well, was just looking over the current ESPN baseball challenge roster. There are some really obvious people still missing, including Emily, Chicken and Laef. I have faith that you will all get in the game with pleanty of time before opening day.

Secondly, to those who have signed up, but have yet to create a clever user name. Tisk, tisk, tisk. We all know that one of the most important aspects of Baseball Challenge is the clever user name. You can fall off after the first month, but if you started off with a unique name that is baseball appropriate (bonus points if it has special connection to your favorite team) you will still be respected in the Challenge when all is said and done. Greg, A-Ross. I really hope that you don't even think about letting the season start as G. Waltner and A. Ross.

Lastly, I tried to talk Zeb into using the setting to play weekly instead of daily. It would be a lot better for those of us who don't have the time and energy to pour over the boxscores each night. But he turned me down. What can I say? Maybe next year.

Oh yeah, and Gal, I decided that since you have taken so well to this whole blogging thing, you should really join baseball challenge too. It can be fun, you don't even have to know anything about baseball really. You can just choose players randomly, or pick one line-up to ride with for the whole season. You could even have your dad help you make pics. Think about it. I'm going to send you the email.

In honor of this baseball challenge post, lets all post up comments with your favorite baseball challenge memory over the last few years. Mine are as follows:

1) Zeb gets mad at Damon for supposedly having "cheats" to Baseball Challenge and threatens to quit.

2) Prior to the 2006 season, Zeb, Damon and Chicken are intimidated by newcomer A-Ross, because she has played in approximately 150 other fantasy leagues previously & they might get beat by a girl.

3) Greg signs up for Baseball Challenge and plays the first 3 weeks solo just to make sure he can handle the competition, before finally joining the group.

Oh yeah! GO DUCKS. Way to hang on and survive to the next round. They're going to have to do better than that, as I have them going to the final four in my bracket.....

No comments: