Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Late Pass Wednesday: Christmas Light Obsession

If you know Zeb, you understand that he doesn't really do things halfway. If he's a baseball fan, he's going to be the most maniacal Red Sox fan you've ever met. If he's going to coach, he's going to spend every waking moment planning drills, dissecting his roster and running stats. And if he's going to put up christmas lights, he's going to put up the most damn christmas lights in the neighborhood.

The display pictured above was his first draft of this year's christmas display. Bear in mind, that picture was taken while it was pitch dark outside. I saw a jogger run by and say to his jogging partner "look how bright that house is, I almost ran off the curb looking at it." Yup, that's before he bought 4 more sets of net lights for the shrubs, strung a giant christmas tree with a color changing star on top on the front corner of our lot, and borrowed a projector from our neighbor to project a huge image of Santa Clause on the side of our house. Yeah, I said it.

It became a sickness really. He would drive around the neighborhood to make sure that there were no other houses with more/better lights displays than his. I had to talk him down off the ledge several times when he insisted that he "just needed to buy a few more strings of lights!!"

But you know what? If it makes the guy happy, I'm sure there could be worse hobbies.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Clark...Clark Griswald is that you?

Heather said...

You are not the first person to make that connection my friend.