Exhibit A) The Good Eye - A Reference Point
Exhibit B) Bad Eye
Exhibit C) Bad Eye Day 2
So to make matters even better, I headed out on a road trip the very next day. I woke up with one gnarly looking eye. It was very sensitive to light and began oozing and watering with the slightest stimulus. I did pretty well on the airplane, because i closed my blind and slept the whole way. However, the harsh lighting of a basketball areana, combined with the strain of watching 12 girls and 4 coaches go through a practice proved to be more than I could handle. I was miserable. Luckily enough, when we finally arrived at the hotel that night, where I was staying with one of the assistant coaches, the coach and I decided to venture out to a nearby mall. I was in the market for the biggest, darkest pair of shades that money could buy. Well, being the dead of winter, sunglasses were not well stocked at many of the fine retail establishments. I did find a lovely bargain rack at Vanity at the very reasonable price of 2 pairs for $10.
Travel Suit Chic - This classy look is the pair that I sported for the majority of the time, including: watching TV in bed at the hotel, breakfast in the hotel restaurant, in the elevator, in the mini-vans, & at practice.
Gameday Glam - Gameday requires a certain level of sophitication and sass, captured perfectly in these shades. When I picked these out, my objective was to find a pair of glasses so ugly that they were funny. I wore them during pre-game taping just to give the girls a laugh and keep things loose. No - I did NOT wear these to day game.
7 comments:
Very Nice Heather! Very Nice Indeed!
You have no words, do you?
Honestly, they're pretty darn cute!
I agree, Em. I would wear them! But you do look kinda like Paris Hilton.
You caught me. I have to say I am interested in how this cardboard managed to graze the eye ball in the first place. I admire the perseverance in the face of adversity.
I like your style!
Gregory. Graze is hardly an accurate term. IT WAS LODGED IN MY EYEBALL. I ALMOST DIED. Have some respect. sheesh.
My bad!
Post a Comment