Friday, October 26, 2007

"The Office" Friday

I found last night's episode slightly disturbing. Michael was just such a jerk! How great was Daryl's Dunder Mifflin-Scranton theme song, and everyone signing together...come on! I'm convinced THAT commercial would have won over coporate, and frankly, I just wanted to see the full version of that song finished. GREAT. I was so annoyed with Michael. Also, started to see some slight hints at trouble in PB&J-land. Uh oh. So soon? Poor Jim had to ride home with Meredith. She probably sexually assaulted him. The only other thing I have to say is, "OH D"

Here is what we have to look forward to next week:

BRANCH WARS9/8c TV1411.01.2007
BATTLE OF THE BRANCHES - RASHIDA JONES ("Boston Public") GUEST STARS - When Karen (guest star Rashida Jones) tries to woo Stanley (Leslie David Baker) away from Scranton, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) fights back, dragging her ex, Jim (John Krasinski), into his war. Meanwhile, the existence of a "Finer Things Club" further disturbs Dunder Mifflin's calm. Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, B.J Novak, Ed Helms, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Paul Lieberstein, Oscar Nunez, Phyllis Smith, Creed Bratton and Craig Robinson also star.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

KOOL-AID MAN FACE.

Kevin has officially become my favorite cast member.

Heather said...

hahahha. yeah, that was funny. i was like WHAT?

Anonymous said...

Michael was a jerk, and you're surprised? He's a jerk a lot of the time, like in the original Christmas episode, which is the first episode I ever saw and almost turned me off the show, I hated Michael so much. He just wanted the commercial to be great. Although he does have some warped expectations if he doesn't think that Darryl's songs were Fan-Fuckin-Tastic, because they were! As were the harmonists singing with him!

I so love it when the office-mates all band together!!! Kevin's Kool-Aid face WAS amazing, have we ever seen Phyllis so excited as when she goes to find Sue Grafton; that was an actual, genuine Stanley smile we saw while he was watching the commercial; and when was the last episode that ended on such a high note - their real commercial being applauded and Michael's very real happiness - like the end of the Office Olympics! So awesome!

And as for the commercial itself, theirs was SOOOOO much better than corporate's! I was actually marginally impressed, although the true genius of the ad are the small details that only people who knew these characters would recognize and appreciate. And Pam's animation rocked!

As for the rocky future of PB&J, I don't see it as a bad thing. They've established that they are cute as hell, have a good relationship and that they're "in love," so now it's time to get into some conflict. The way I see it, last season was all about Pam growing, taking charge of her art, learning to speak up for herself and generally becoming pretty awesome. And while Jim has always been sweet, he's never had any real ambition, we've never seen what he wants for the future beyond Pam, and we know he doesn't like - or at least is not inspired by - his job. So now we see a motivated Pam possibly challenging Jim to pursue something, to become "Philly Jim" and I think that could be great character development, even if it does cause a few bumps in the road. That's realistic, eh?

Anonymous said...

Hey Em, here's a link to Kevin's Kool-Aid man face:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/calanna/kevinkoolaid.jpg

Somebody on the forums wanted it for a screensaver and it made me think of you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gal! That pic is now on our desktop background.

Heather said...

The link doesn't work for me!! What am I doing wrong?!!?

Zach said...

here..

Anonymous said...

Thanks Zach! I suck at putting up links!