I guess one of the last big items that Zeb has been wanting/needing (it's hard for me to differentiate) for a long time is a new computer. Along with the TV and the sound system these were all purchases that I
had been forcing him to put off since about the time we got engaged. I made promises (e.g. "Once the wedding is over, you can get whatever you want") that I hoped he would forget about. I suppose I should feel lucky that he spread out said purchases over the course of our first year, and not our first month as a married couple.

The day I had been dreading finally came, there was no more holding out on a new computer. The thing that confused me though, and continues to confuse me (if anyone has any insight, please comment) is: why would you want to buy a computer in all it's various parts and then have to put it together yourself?

Honestly he didn't seem to really be enjoying himself. In fact to me, he seemed tortured. Maybe the more torturous the process is, the more self satisfaction you have when it is finally completed? It seems to me that I would have more satisfaction if I could just open up a box, plug my computer in and be on my way. Whatever makes you happy.

The house was destroyed. Boxes and various computer parts everywhere. The process was highly frowned upon.

One of many blue screens of death, lead to increasing frustration,

and significant amounts of time spent talking to technical support (a.k.a. Damon)

That was solved, but another technical problem with drivers/video card prompted several more hours spent on the phone to actual professional technical support, only to be solved by Zeb networking online with some other computer geeks.

Thankfully, now it is done. Over the last week there have been some minor hiccups, but its looking pretty good. I'm mostly just happy that the office is now neat,
tidy and organized.

I just don't understand why the old computer, which is supposedly "dead" is still in his closet???

7 comments:
I really think it is a "Guy thing" to want to put things together. You wouldn't see a woman wanting put a computer together like that.
Women want instant gratification, except when it comes to "other matters." Lol!
Melanie!!!
He He!
Heather, I completely understand your pain. We have a computer that is the same model that we used to play "Oregon Trail" on at Hawthorne Elementary. Yes, the ones with the GREEN screen. I have on mulitple occasions tried to talk Zach into "giving it to charity" or just plain THROWING IT AWAY!!! And to make matters worse, it wasn't even his computer and I have no idea where it came from.....
Megabits...gigs...ram....blah blah blah......those boys!
You guys should hook that thing up and play some Oregon Trail! That was a great game!
Heath thats the bios screen DUH!!
Huh?
Post a Comment