Monday, February 23, 2009

First to Make the Fridge

I am one of those annoying people who delights in covering their refrigerator with various magnets, pictures, coupons and such. Is it super classy? Probably not, but it's what I like. I was pretty psyched to announce the first person to make the refrigerator, this morning I proudly gathered two recently delivered Save-The-Dates for upcoming weddings and marched into the kitchen. I picked out the perfect Michael Scott magnet (the highest magnetic honor) to hold A-Ross & Laef's prominently placed picture on the front of the fridge, but in a perfectly anti-climactic turn of events both the magnet and picture fell like a ton of bricks to my feet.

Who makes a refrigerator with a door that isn't magnetic? Really? Why do they want to ruin my life. I actually had a moment that I thought, 'how can I live here with a refrigerator that you can't put magnets on the front?'

Luckily the side of the refrigerator is magnetic, so I was able to stick up A-Ross & Laef, and Meagan & Chris' save-the-dates, but I can't lie, I am still a little bit disappointed. What's a magnet-loving girl to do?

2 comments:

Allison said...

Laef is going to eat this up. He will definitely appreciate that he was worthy of your Michael Scott magnet.

Heather said...

Oh you know it, not the high school prom magnet, not the 'Don't Mess With Texas' magnet, the Michael Scott Magnet. It was either that or the Dwight Schrute Workspace magnet, another one of my favorites.