Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Benton County Courthouse Hippies

Recently it has come to my attention that the Benton County Courthouse hippies are breaking records. Apparently (according to Damon) they are they only protest group that has gathered every day since the war began in 2001. We may not all share their political views, but I think we can all appreciate their resolve, and take at least some sort of entertainment out of their clever signs. I know that on more than one occasion I have seen them protesting and thought....are they STILL doing this??
"...the daily vigil held by Corvallis peace activists outside the Benton County Courthouse that has happened every day since the U.S. invaded Afghanistan in 2001, and is the only such continuous protest in the country." (c) Corvallis Gazette Times

Check out the Corvallis Anti-War Vigil Website for more info on these persistent hippies.

4 comments:

Damon said...

oh hey you found the quote in the paper! I looked for it yesterday but their website search sucks

Anonymous said...

And they call Eugene a hippie town?

Anonymous said...

Look at that Volkswagan Van in the bottom photo. Talk about Hippie!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! How is your mom doing? I miss her at Sweet Home Family Medicine. Tell her I said HI!

(Sorry Heather! I know this is YOUR blog!)LOL