
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. If there was one cartoon I really liked as a kid, and could still probably get down with as an adult, its probably the Walt Disney Valentine's Special. We had a tape of this that someone had recorded off of the TV for us, and it was the bomb. It had a bunch of short pieces put to music like Stevie Wonder & Whitney Houston. I also vividly remember one about Pluto and his girlfriend set to "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" Am I the only person who has ever seen this?
Also, this morning while I was getting ready for work, the movie "High Fidelity" was on VH1. Now that is a great movie for Valentine's Day because John Cusack is SO extremely bitter in it. Jack Black is in it, and his typical hilarious self. Bruce Springsteen also makes a cameo. Classic. I highly recommend it.
Well! Have a good one! Post up today with ONLY Valentines Day related Late Pass info. Love you guys! <3
4 comments:
Heather, I was never lucky enough to see the Disney Valentine's special. I guess I was too caught up with Fat Albert's Christmas Special as a kid...
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Ugh! You missed out! Okay, but what about elementary school & making mailboxes to put all the valentines in. It was always important to have the coolest Valentines each year, but if your Mom forgot to take you early enough, you would have to choose from all the lame picked over ones. Drama!
Oh yah! We were just talking about that at work today...we wanted to make mailboxes for our desks, haha. Last night at clogging class, they had Valentine decorations up on the walls and they had Pound Puppy Valentines! That's taking it waaaaaay back! They must have been in the storage room for years!
I'm pretty sure I saw the Disney Valentine's Day special. I used to watch all those, like the villians one hosted by the magic mirror from Snow White. Didn't the valentine one have the story about the two hats who fell in love and ended up next to each other on horses???
Anywho, I remember all the mickey, donald and pluto montages put to music. Classic shit!
Post a Comment